The Musical Theater program values and integrates:
- A liberal arts education in combination with rigorous technical foundations in acting, singing, and dancing that will contribute to our graduates’ professional aspirations in musical theater.
- An understanding of the importance and impact of the American Musical Theater in addressing important historical and contemporary social issues.
- Performance opportunities that encourage students to apply skills developed in studio classes.
- Master classes and workshops that bring students in direct contact with leading musical theater professionals working locally and nationally
- Educational, internship and networking experiences that extend beyond the University of Washington’s campus and introduce students to the range of career opportunities within the Musical Theater industry.