Admitted Student Day
Saturday, April 20
Join Arts and Sciences faculty, staff and students to explore programs and special opportunities available to students at the UW. This one day event is hosted by the UW Office of Admission.
New Huskies '24 Welcome
8 a.m. - 9:45 a.m., Alaska Airlines Arena
Kick off your day at the New Huskies '24 Welcome event. Celebrate with other admitted students, hear from current Huskies and campus leaders and get a feel for the flow of the day.
Cool Courses and Programs in the College of Arts & Sciences (Info Session)
10:30 - 11:15 a.m., Kane 130
As the largest college at the University of Washington, Arts & Sciences has something for everyone. We’ll help you get a jump start on exploring:
- College Edge: a special program for first-year students that begins four weeks before the start of the Autumn Quarter.
- Cool Courses: a preview of faculty who teach popular and unique courses.
- Resources: programs and opportunities that ensure your success as a student at the UW.
Check out these unique courses offered in the College Edge program:
- The Power of Place, from Past to Present
- Fashion and Literature
- Music, Birdsong, and the Limits of the Human
- Environmental Activism through Arts
- Exploring Quantum Universe with Artificial Intelligence
Join us! We’ll help you chart your course!
Burke Museum Open House | Explore the College of Arts & Sciences: the Heart of Your UW experience
1 p.m. - 3 p.m, Burke Museum
Don’t let one of the world’s best-preserved T. rex skulls scare you away! Come meet the College of Arts & Sciences community of faculty, staff and students during a unique opportunity to explore the Burke Museum. As you walk through the 4.5-billion-year history of the Earth, you’ll also learn about:
- dynamic programs with place-based learning opportunities like College Edge and Humanities First;
- cool courses you can take in the Autumn Quarter to explore interests, prepare for a major, or try something entirely unfamiliar (that also fulfill perquisites);
- incredible free perks and discounts to explore the arts, on campus and in the Seattle region;
- a free photobooth to preserve your memories of the day;
- and free swag and treats!